The best way to learn a new language is to have lots and lots of exposure to it. Ideally you would go and live for a time somewhere that the language is spoken. But if you can't do that, modern technology makes it far easier than ever before to get lots of practice in another language - particularly for major languages like Spanish, French, German and Japanese.
- Videogames can be a great way to learn a new language. Modern videogames often have lots of written and spoken dialogue. Change the language on your console or computer.
- Change the language settings on your computer so that you work in another language.
- DVD's very often have several languages on the disk.
- Cable TV often gives you access to TV in other languages.
- Lastly, the internet gives you lots of stuff to read and videos to watch in just about any language you want.