Re: MotoX Rules Draft

Hi Jim,

   Thanks very much for the comments.

>    I haven't played MotoX, but after reading this, I'd very much
> like to.  I'm partial to games where the "board" is built
differently
> every time

   Keep your eye out for the write-up to another Kyle/Shope design
we've been playtesting, called "Dungeon Crawl" which features a semi-
random dungeon setup.

> Are the four quadrants of the tile backs
> commonly referred to as spaces in piecepack lore?

   Yessir.

> Just curious: did you try allowing the second tile to be offset
> by one space, creating a 1-lane alley between the tiles

   Yup.  It's a variant I call "Bottlenecks".  Too painful with four
players, but OK for three.

> >The last tile played is the finish tile,
> >and the edge of this tile farthest from the rest of the track is
the
> >finish line of the track.
>
> Perhaps:  The last tile played is the finish tile, and the edge
> opposite the previous tile is the finish line.

   Good suggestion.  Seems clearer.

> >Your move must
> >be either toward the next tile (toward the finish line) or
parallel
> >with the edge shared between the tile you are on and the next
tile.
> >You may never move away from the next tile.
>
> If I'm reading this right, perhaps:  Your may move forwards (toward
> the finish line) or sideways.  You may not move backwards.

   You're reading it right, but once you actually see a track in
front of you, you'll realize that your suggested text is insufficient
to be clear in all cases.  Perhaps the best solution would be to give
your version, then mine as a clarification.

> >Bikes that are on tiles closest to
> >the finish line have the highest race ranking.  If there is more
than
> >one bike on a tile, the one closest to edge of the tile adjacent
> >the next tile of the track has the higher ranking.
>
> To me, it seems just saying "Bikes closest to the finish line have
> the highest ranking" is clear enough.

   Same as last comment.  Not clear in all cases (once you've seen a
sample track), but could be used as the general rule with my draft
rule as clarification.

> Looks like a good one guys!

   Thanks, Jim!  Good to hear from you.

--James