Re: [piecepack] Re: Working on Rules?

>> MG is working on expansions, to the original piecepack, which
>> will begin debuting after our newest game, [SNIP].
>> They will be different colors/suits.
>
> Hi Karol,
>
> Does Mesomorph plan to place this add-on set of parts for
> piecepack into public domain as the original set is?  That is, will
> anyone be able to make components with these additional suits, or
> does Mesomorph plan to manufacture those exclusively?  For example,
> will new free download pages be added to the piecepack.org site for
> these suits so that gamers can add them to their hand-made sets?
>
> Game On,
> James

James,

The new sets are going to have the same components as the suits in the
standard piecepack, with the only difference being color and symbol.  So the
concept would be public domain, as an extension of the original piecepack
concept.

The only restriction would be that we are going to use original artwork on
our expansion sets, so anyone else wanting to make them would have to come
up with their own.  I don't think we'll use any symbols so unusual that you
couldn't find some clipart and/or stamps that would be similar (assuming you
don't want to draw it yourself).

It is possible that at some point in the future we will come out with
expansions for which we would be the exclusive manufacturer.  If that is the
case with a future expansion, we'll make it pretty clear.

Dave
(Masquerading as Karol, who can't answer while her machine is being
upgraded)