Re: [piecepack] Copyright question.

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 04:01:44AM -0000, david_bruce_cousins wrote:
> Hi,
> I've found a real neat variant of Mancala called "the glass bead
> game" that works very well with (only one) Piecepack. The thing is, it
> is published in the book "New Rules for Classic Games" written by R.
> Wayne Schmittberger. I think it would be nice to post the rules to
> games such as this that are adapted to PP, but are there copyright
> issues?
>
> Dave

There are always copyright issues in our society.  (See my reply to
your solitaire game message, which I will post in a few minutes.)
Probably no one would have any legal basis to object, though, if you
merely posted a link to the following page (written by the game's
inventor), plus additional information on how to adapt piecepack
components to play the game.

  http://www.mindsports.net/Arena/GlassBeadGameTutor/

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,