Re: [piecepack] PP game development

David Martin-Boyle wrote:

> There are more and more games passing through this list lately.  Some
> of the
> games are ready for release, some are rough initial ideas needing
> feedback,
> many lie somewhere in between.
>
> Since Karol and I are responsible for gathering the finished products
> and
> posting them on piecepack.org, it might be helpful if the various
> authors
> could indicate when they post what stage the games are in.
>
> If the game is destined for piecepack.org and you need editing help,
> or need
> it converted to PDF format, we would be happy to assist you.  Also,
> just to
> make this clear, we won't include games on piecepack.org if the author
> does
> not grant the right to reproduce, reformat and distribute them (with
> all
> proper credit being given, of course).

I'd say that Worm Derby is in the intermediate stage.  I have played it
with my family about 2 dozen times and the rules posted were the end
result of that.  I've gotten one play test report (Thanks Tim) and
would like more.  Some help in adding some pictures would be well
received.  Of course, when I feel it's ready I'd like to see it
on piecepack.org.

One thing to consider would be a standard template format for
piecepack game rules, with standardized sections, headings, etc.
(something like unix man page format).  Not necessarily something
as fancy as a Word template, but a text file with standard section
headers that could be download from piecepack.org and then a writer
could fill in the blanks, would be useful.  That way writers wouldn't
forget things like "number of players" and it would make it easy to
find sections like "Winning" and "Extra Stuff Needed" (E.g., an
Icehouse set or a standard deck of cards).

--
Mark Biggar
mark.a.biggar@...