Re: piecepack capitalization, abbrev.?

--- In piecepack@y..., "prophesor" <edt@d...> wrote:
> And I just have to quibble...  'piecepack' may be a common noun,
but
> it is so in rather the same sense as Torx, Allen, and Phillips bits.

   Might be.  I do not know the origin of Torx, Allen, and Phillips
screwdriver bits.  Were they originally brand names, like Kleenex
(now in common use in the US as a substitute for the word "tissue")?

   The word "piecepack" is a real, honest-to-god common noun.  It is
merely a compound word.  It is not a title, and it is not a brand.
Just a word.  So, in context, one would say:
"I own a piecepack."
   rather than:
"I own Piecepack."

   Coincidentally, I'm not a stickler on the capitalization... I only
mentioned it since it came up as part of the conversation.

Game On,
James