Re: Game submissions, what information to include

--- In piecepack@y..., "Tim Schutz" <hexchex@i...> wrote:
> When you write in the version info is there a meaning to the
numbers.
> Example:
> I see some of the games have
> .2b
> 1.0
> .4
> 1.01

   Great question, Tim.  I personally try to follow the "standard"
software convention:
major.minor.patch

   Although, I admit I normally leave out the dot between minor and
patch.  What constitutes a major revision, minor revision,
and "patch" or correction is largely a matter of personal judgment.

   Additionally, I like to keep versions I consider to still be
in "beta" as numbered below 1, and followed with a "b" just as a
reminder that it is indeed beta.  When is a ruleset out of beta?
Again, I believe it is primarily a matter of preference for the
author.  Several of my own rulesets are still marked beta because
they lack diagrams, which I consider to be essential for those
rulesets to be ready for full "release".

   I am confident that others on this list can provide links to
documentation describing the "standard" software convention discussed
above, but I couldn't find any good ones with a quick web engine
search, so I leave it to them.

Hope This Helps,
James