Re: Solitaire?

--- In piecepack@y..., Kirt Dankmyer <xiombarg@e...> wrote:
> While I was writing a review of the piecepack for RPGNews.com (see
> http://www.RPGnews.com/game.php), I was thinking: Unlike a deck of
cards,
> there is no good solitaire game for the piecepack. Has anyone had
any
> thoughts in that direction? I think a good solitaire game, in
addition to
> all the other games, would be a good selling point for the
piecepack.
> 	-Loki
Hi Loki,
I thought exactly the same when I got my piecepack. I didn't go to
sleep that night until I had come up with a solitare game -- Solo.
Thanks to whomever said it was good. I only got one feedback response
to the game so far. I was hoping for at least a few more before I
finalized the rules for submission (and man have I been swamped at
work lately -- so solo had dropped pretty low in priority!!). I'd
love
to get some
more
feedback, maybe it would motivate me to get the other 2 or three
games
out as betas as well.

BTW, I think that while it is all well and good for one to be able to
play checkers, or reversi with a pp, a great pp game has the
following
attributes:

1) is fun
2) Uses most or all of the components in a useful way.
3) Could not be played easily with a deck of cards or a checker board
etc.
4) Has a simple set of rules, i.e. could be easily explained without
having to go back to the rule book (in keeping with the elegant
simplicity of the pieces).
5) Makes you think!
6) Is fun.

Anyway, hope you like the game. If you cannot find the rules I will
email you a copy.
Dave