board full o' hexes

Greetings All,

   Since the piecepack is public domain, I encourage anyone
interested in modifying it or expanding it to do so.  A couple
considerations of interest:
1) original piecepack won't scare or confuse my granny
2) original piecepack uses standard parts and costs half as much as
an Icehouse set
   That doesn't mean it shouldn't evolve or have additions... of
course it should, which is one of the reasons I made it public
domain.  But I thought I'd interject with a couple facets many
designers might overlook.

   Anyway, hexes were considered during the original design and
chucked because they are not needed... make yourself some rows of
tiles (face-up probably), then take every other row and push it to
the right by half a tile.  You get essentially the same thing as
hexes.  This is a little trick I picked up from studying old wargames.

Hex away!
James