Re: [piecepack] small oops

Working on it, but it seems problematic.  First and foremost, the cell sizes need to remain 1", or close to it, in order to approximate the subsquares on a tile and accommodate a standard piece size.  I designed my grid with that in mind, and with the idea that I wanted a 'center' cell where the number would be featured.  HOWEVER, I am not happy with the 'fatness' of the hexes and the number could easily go in the top right hand corner, opposite the suit sign, or in the diametrically opposed corner (upside down) and still be aesthetically pleasing.  It would be interesting to have a number in three corners, so that you would have a suit (upperleft) followed by a value 0-5 (upper right), followed by a binary 0-1 (lower left, upside down), followed by a trinary 0-2 (lower right, upside-down).  This effectively makes the tiles some very funky dominoes (you could play games of layouts that involve value matching on one or more corners).

If you could work up a 2" graphic of what you mean and how it would work, I can easily implement it.  I have the file I made saved as photoshop (layered) entity and can swap out elements pretty easily.

>>> edt@... 2/22/02 9:21:19 AM >>>