Re: Piecepack Pyramids

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 04:21:22PM -0400, Kristin wrote:
> If the piecepack people were to concentrate on the piecepack itself,
> and design some really good games that used both the piecepack and
> standard icehouse pieces - they would likely gain LOTS of exposure
> (and sales) for their game system from Icehouse fans the world over.
> Why they want to start a pyramid format war, and give gamers a choice
> of pyramid formats, I really don't understand.

Kristin, to me this sounds rather disingenuous.  It is akin to Bill
Gates saying, "Why those GNU and Linux people want to start an
operating system format war, and give users a choice of operating
systems, I really don't understand."

In case I need to spell it out, the answer is simple: in each case,
one is free (as in freedom: GNU/Linux or piecepack pyramids); the
other is not (Microsoft Windows or Icehouse).

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,