Re: [piecepack] Re: Piecepack Pyramids

Micheal Wrote:

I'm still not sure that I agree with the idea of making the suit visible
form only one side however. While I can see the advantage of this for some
game designs, there is a significant disadvantage in many games if one of
more of the players can't tell what the suit is of some of the pyramids. I
suspect the potential size of the latter category of games may be larger
than that of the former. One variation on the pyramid design is to color the
tips (say the top 1/8") the same color as the suit icon. This retains the
advantage of the suit icon as an orientation indicator and also could
support the hiding of suit when the pyramids are stacked, but at the same
time the suit of an exposed pyramid will be clear from any seating position
around the board.

Tim Writes
The original set had the suit printed on the front and back so you could tell the suit of a pyramid from almost any side (granted if you were looking directly at the side of one you wouldn't know the suit and you might have to move a little to see it). The suit on the back was 1/4 the size of the one on the front so it was easy to tell the front from the back. The general feeling that I got at that time was the group wanted it so the suit could be easily hid on the pyramids by placing them face down on the suit marking and the suit marking on the back should be a generic symbol(I used the size letters). It wouldn't take much to place a ring on the tip that would give this information. I could also make it so the ring had the letter value in it(It can be hard some times to distinguish sizes). Maybe we should  start a poll and see what the group thinks? I don't mind changing the pyramids but I do think we should settle on only one kind that fits most of our needs.
Tim Schutz