From: tempus42 [mailto:qa1226@...]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 7:39 AM
To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [piecepack] Re: Summer 2002 piecepack game design contest RESULTS

--- In piecepack@y..., Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:
> Congratulations to the winner of the Summer 2002 "Ludic Synergy"
> piecepack game design contest:
>
>   Alien City, by Michael Schoessow!
> In addition, although this was not initially part of the contest,
we'd
> like to announce two runners-up,
>
>   Ley Lines, by James Kyle
>
>   Pawns Crossing, by Michael Schoessow and Stephen Schoessow

Congratulations to Michael!!  I have to say I totally agree with
Ron's judgement -- Alien City was also my personal #1 pick, closely
followed by Ley Lines as my #2 pick.  By the way, Ron, thanks for
publishing all of the entries before judging; it was nice to have a
look at all of the entries early.  I was sorely tempted to post my
own opinions on them all during the judging interval, but I
definitely didn't want to taint your opinion in any way!  Now I see
it wouldn't have mattered. :)

> An amusing side-note: every game in the contest could have been
> disqualified on some technicality.  We chose to disqualify none.

Ok, I have to know -- What were all the technicalities?  I don't
think I can see any obvious rule-breaking in any of them....

later,
Brad/tempus42.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17050528