  From: mschoessow
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 1:44 PM
  Subject: [piecepack] Next Design Competition

  Hello all,

     I'd like to solicit comments and suggestions regarding the dates
  for the next piecepack game design competition. If we keep it as
  aquarterly event, then the next one should end around the beginning
  of November. We could extend the time though and have the competition
  end sometime in January. A longer time would allow for more leisurely
  game invention, play-testing, and rule writing, and hopefully to
  garner more entries, but some people may not wish to reduce the
  number of contests per year. Either way is fine from my point of
  view. It also occured to me that a compromise would be to just extend
  it 3-4 weeks, however I don't want to be doing lots of play-testing
  right before Christmas, partly because of my own schedule and partly
  because I'm worried about finding sufficient co-testers to play with
  around the holiday season. So my preference would be to have the
  closing date for the next competition be either around the beginning
  of November OR sometime around the first two weeks of January.

     I welcome all comments and suggestions!

     And, I encourage you all to think about game design! Once a date
  is set I will post the "official" rules of the next competition,
  including the new theme.

  -Mike

  mschoessow@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor