Re: [piecepack] piecepack trophy cloth -- your help requested

Encouraged by the generosity of the list (thanks, Michael and David!),
I called the award company again today to confirm the prices they gave
me back in September.  Today they quoted me an approximate price that
was significantly lower than what I remember their quoting me then.
They need to double-check with the "digitiser" (the person who turns
the piecepack graphics we provide into a pattern of stitches for the
embroidery machine), but the good news is we may be getting within
spitting distance of the price of the trophy cloth.

They're supposed to email me again with a more or less final price
tomorrow.  I will keep you all updated.

Ron

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:39:54AM -0800, Michael Schoessow wrote:
> Re-reading the part of my message to Ron that he referenced in this post, it
> occurs to me that it sounds a bit like I'm being critical of James, but that
> is not the case. When I first heard mention of the trophy cloth after the
> first game design contest closed I assumed that the cloth was complete as
> described and that it had originated with James. When Ron e-mailed me
> describing the situation I was surprised to discover that the trophy cloth
> was still a "work in progress".

FWIW, Mike, I can't say how James read your message, but that's
certainly how I read it when you sent it to me, which is why I thought
there was no harm in including it in my forward to the list.

<snip>

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,