Contest Game Testing In L.A.; More Participants Welcome

Greetings All,

   First, an update on contest game evaluation; a lot of the games have been
played (about half) in many cases repeatedly to get a good feel for tactical
and strategic elements. The games range from short light-hearted games to
heavier, longer types, and some games include interesting new mechanics that
I haven't seen before. That's about all I can say at this point.

   This coming weekend, including dawn to midnight Saturday and Sunday (Feb
1,2) I will be playing and evaluating more of the games at my brother
Steve's house in L.A. We hope to have more than the two of us there but we
don't know yet, and I want to invite other piecepack enthusiasts (except
those who submitted a game to the contest or who know of one of the
submitted games AND who its author is--it's OK to know someone who submitted
a game as long as you have no idea which game it is) to participate. Food
and refreshments will be provided. It's not necessary to commit a lot of
time to participate; even dropping over to try a single game is fine. Be the
first to try one of these great new games!

   The address is in Westchester, 5 minutes from LAX. Please respond by
e-mailing to BOTH mschoessow@... AND to steves@....

-Mike Schoessow