Re: [piecepack] Re: Reworking pp games for stand alone publicatio n.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:20:15AM -0800, Michael Schoessow wrote:
> I'm no legal expert on this but I think it means that the rules can't be
> copied and published for profit without your permission, although they could
> be re-written from scratch (i.e., just changing one or two phrases a bit
> won't do it)  and then published for profit. Does anyone else have better
> knowledge of this? Ron? Karol?

It depends on what rights are reserved by the license, anywhere from
"all rights reserved" to "anything goes".

Of course, what I think you mean is that the rules _may_ not be copied
without permission.  Napster and Gnutella have shown that lots of files
_can_ be copied without permission. :-)

         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game &  Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/