Re: [piecepack] Clarification on Game (Generic games) Terms

electronicwaffle wrote:
Hi, I think I missed the boat on what certain classification terms mean. What denotes an Abstract game? What are the other classifications? (I dont think I know them all, and further more I can't remember any more classification types) One step further, do these games share common mechanics or procedures of play? If so what are those called?

This thread is a slop-over from the Icehouse mailing list where
someone was looking for Icehouse games that were easily analyzable
using the methods of Combinatoric Game Theory (see "On Numbers and
Games" by J.Conway and "Winning Ways" by Berlkamp,  etal) and it was
suggested that "Alien City" fit.  These games all have a bunch
of attributes in common: 2 player, no hidden info, no randomness
(after a possible initial random setup), no ties, finite length, etc.

--
Mark Biggar
mark.a.biggar@...