Synchronicity (was: Seattle Cosmic Game Night, 29 Mar 2003)

Those who think "meaningful coincidence" is an oxymoron need not
apply...

Shortly after I sent the message below to the piecepack list (I had
not yet seen the list return it), I turned on the radio and stepped
into the shower.  The first thing I heard was the announcer on the NPR
program _American Routes_ say he was going to play the song "Froggy
Bottom" by Jimmy Witherspoon with Jay McShann and His Band.  (I'm
getting the song details from www.amroutes.com.  The album is _Goin'
to Kansas City Blues_ on RCA.)  Then I heard the song.

I have to say that the caption "Froggy Bottom Boys" on the pages below
does not come from the song, which I had never heard before and did
not know existed, but is a pun on "Soggy Bottom Boys", the name the
fugitives take in the recent movie _O Brother, Where Art Thou?_ when
they cut a record.  I'm guessing "Soggy Bottom Boys" is a pun on
"Froggy Bottom Boys", so we've come full circle.

It would seem our effort to review piecepack games may be "in harmony
with the time", as the I Ching would put it.  Skeptics are welcome to
believe it's all mass hypnosis. :-)

Ron

--
       Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,