Re: [piecepack] Re: New City - question for Rob

Hey Phillip,

For the first question, from the rules, "The player lowest on the pawn
ladder must select one of the revealed face-up tiles.  This will be the tile
to be bid on this turn.  **By choosing the tile, that player makes an
initial bid of at least one gold to open the bidding.**  If that player has
no money, the choice of a tile goes to the next lowest player on the pawn
ladder. "

Although I haven't competely thought this through, I think the second
senario is impossible.  (ie. There are four 'pots' of money, and four tiles
to be bid on.  Since everyone has >0 gold, and will get gold each round (or
have money left over if they didn't win anything), having no money on the
table by the time the fourth bid happens is impossible.)

Well, to be safe I'll say it's unlikely, so if it does occur, ummmm, the
King be-heads everyone for wasting the royal treasury, the King wins and the
city remains named, "New City", much to the chagrin of the local populace.

Rob.