Re: Announcing the winner!!

Wow.

I was away from email/internet yesterday, so just saw that my
game won! Can't quite believe it...

I am glad that, in spite of your initial hatred [ ;) ], Rob, that you
and your group enjoyed the game. Funny, I had similar concerns
about the game: a) it would have too much analysis (potentially
leading to paralysis), b) it would be too similar to Puerto Rico
and c) the fact that it required 2 piecepacks would be annoying.

I don't know what to think about ElectronicWaffle's comments.
Perhaps EW should wait to at least see and play Pharaoh's Heir,
and then decide how original it is and how it fits in with the
contest theme.

All I can say is that very few game mechanics these days are
totally original. Puerto Rico itself borrows from other games, and
Amun Re has been heavily criticized for being a recycling of other
game mechanics, however it seems to have emerged as a
strong game with its own unique gaming experience.

Phillip