An Appology

   First off, I think that perhaps the group thinks higher of me
despite the insults. Not to excuse, but to simply inform... I am
only 20 years old, and well, fairly recent to creating games- taking
game concepts further (1995 with Portal for Magic The Gathering
which was my first step into more "higher games"). A Brief time
being employed by WOTC also helped. As I posted earlier in my
blowing off of steam, I simply do not have 40 bucks to spend on one
German-style game, let alone enough to buy more than one to take
concepts from to form my own game. In Fact, being the Author of
Piecepack Workshop, I dont even own a "real" Piecepack, I made my
own out of paper, ergo, that is why I created the workshop. My
concern is simply that one of the guidelines was  "" The game must
utilize a piecepack and preferably should make use of some of the
unique aspects of the piecepack. ""  and I think its hard to do
this, when you have other board games/game systems in mind before
piecepack. We all need a common base to have as foundations to build
new Ideas...  The alphabet and even a deck of playing cards
illustrate this. However I feel that if a majority of a game is
rehashed it looses value in a game of itself.  I have still to read
any of the other rulesets.. but it will be interesting to see how
the coins will be "spent"  in this game...  perhaps it will shed new
life in a mechanic that seems to be near death.

I did what I could with what I was given, and with what I have. I
thought that a fresh look at games with Piecepack. I am sorry that I
tried to force this view down everyone else's throats. This is all
appoligize for, because I do not want my creative talents to conform
to what every else says it should be, the "meta-game" of game design
would lose all fun with me at that point. I am sure that the group
would agree with me on that.

Eric