Re: Chariots

> > 1-Burst of Speed -- Player makes one extra move (an extra
impulse?)
> > in the turn
>
> There are three possibilities here:
>
> 1) the action allow you to move on an impulse your chariot would
> normally stand still (thus it's useless at speed 5).
>
> 2) the action allow you to move two squares during an impulse your
> chariot would normally move one.
>
> 3) the action allows you to move first in an impulse ignoring
chariot
> positions.
>
> Maybe make it the drivers choice.

Or ... perhaps the player can either move a space out-of-turn:
1- before a turn is gone through ... player moves his/her piece 1
space, then the normal impulse-by-impulse play of the turn is carried
out, or ...
2- after the last impulse of a turn has been completed, giving them
one more move

> > 2-Run off an Opponent -- If an opponent is in the adjacent square
> > toward the outside of the track, the player can move that
opponent
> > one more square toward the outside (assuming there's room on the
> > track)
>
> It would be difficult to determine the legality of this action in
the
> turns, so maybe it should be limited to in the straightaways.
> This is a variant of the pushing action and could be allowed
> as an option to that action.

I think the in-turn legality could be simplified.  The first tiles in
the turn (connected to the straightaways) would be treated the same
as the straightaways.  The mid-turn tiles would be treated at 90-
degrees to the straightaways.  But then, at the same time, we're
losing some elegance. :-\

A couple other ideas, came to mind regarding ways to slow down your
opponent, or speed yourself up:

3- Drafting ... if an opponent is in the square "directly ahead of
you" (might have the same problem defining this as with #2) moves
forward, you can follow 1 square in that same direction.
4- Blocking ... if an opponent is in the square "directly behind you"
(ditto ;-D), you can push them back 1 square (although I'm kind of
playing on the same elements in a couple different ways)

(hey, man ... I'm trying!!) ;-D

-Bryk