Re: Chariots

Hi, Mark

I don't have any specific ideas for individual special actions, but I
was wondering if choice of special actions could be done in a
different way once you havemore of them.

If, for example, you have 8 different special actions what if once
an action has been used by a chariot in a lap it can't be used by
anyone else? This could be noted by placing the special action
coins on a separate piece of paper (a special action 'board') next
to the special action chosen. The first player to choose off 'the
menu' gets the most choice, and the selection possibilities
decrease as each one is used up. Once the lap (or movement
round, or whatever time segment you decide) the sepcial action
coins would go back to the players and all 8 actions would be
available again.

You would have to decide how to implement who gets to choose
actions first from the list - maybe the player in last place could
get first choice.

This is just an idea I had that could potentially add an additional
amount of strategy to the race, it isn't fully fleshed out (it is your
game, after all). I have no clue if it would add or detract from the
game, as presumably you will want to test out any new special
actions anyway,

Without having thought about beyond the initial idea, the benefit
to doing something like this - as long as the special actions are
fairly balanced (not necessarily of equal value, just nothing
horribly over- or underpowered) - would be increased angst over
which chariot would choose which special action(s), an
additional dimension to the special action part of the game.

The downside I see would be an increase in analysis with
potentially longer turns, which may be a downer in a race game
depending on the crowd.

Even without any other changes a game which had people
rooting for their chariots, especially when the chariots are
wooden pawns and not cool-looking plastic reproductions of the
Roman type, this game has got to be a winner to play.

Phillip

> I would like to ask for help here.  Everyone please read the
rules for
> Chariots (current available in the Rule-sets-in-progress folder,
soon
> to be on www.piecepack.org) and make suggestions for
additional special