Re: The IVxVI Puzzle

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Randy Cox <yahoo@c...> wrote:
> Ed Thorn wrote:
> > The previous puzzle featured a 4x6 square grid where
> > no tile had any neighbor of its own suit.  Using 19
> > coins of your choice, produce a hexagonal grid with
> > the same quality.

This statement refers to the IVxVI Puzzle, but incompletely states
its requirements.  Are we to assume that this new puzzle (which we
can call the H3 Puzzle) must also comply with the IVxVI Puzzle's
restriction on values?  (Otherwise, it devolves into a map-coloring
problem, which would not fit the desire for a more challenging
puzzle.)

> Any particular shape of grid?

I assume the good profesor, when he suggests a "hexagonal grid",
refers not only to the relationship of the pieces to each other, but
also to the completed shape of the puzzle.  Correct?

Cheers,
James