Piecepack: Plain Jane?

--- piecehead2003 <sbk@...> wrote:
> Last I tried to introduce my gaming group to the
> piecepack. It didn't
> go down entirely well because some members had
> problems with the
> abstract nature of the playing pieces - it's the
> same with computer
> games, they go for everything with nice graphics and
> ignore the game
> play.

Way back when I joined this list, I had thought how
some of the games could stand alone, that they might
have flashy custom tiles and coins made, with imagery
on them that matched the individual game.

Now, if that imagery didn't _break_ the piecepack
spec, what you'd have is a sexy piecepack-based game
to bait the eye-candy crowd with, and then once
they're at the table (and have played the game, gotta
be fair...) explain how the same pieces can be used to
play dozens of other games.