On games with a hole in the board

Hi,

I am glad to get responses. I thought my question implied non-
piecepack games. On the onset it appears that 5x5 games with a hole
in the middle are exclusive to Piecepack. This question arised out
of asking what indeed makes a piecepack game unique to piecepack. I
feel I should ask again with added clarification. Outside of
piecepack games, what games use holes in their board durring game
play? (Allowing for Aggravation as I did in my original post.
Aggravation while a race game seems to me to remain an oddball type
of game.   Well as I write this, I just thought of Chinese Checkers
and Abalone. I guess I can not pick and choose my questions, but ,,,
what Games use holes as a "goal" for game play? I hope the essence
of my question is not lost with all of this clarification. Out side
of piecepack, games with holes are very unique. Why is this? when we
answer this, the piecepack "board" system will prosper.

As an off-shoot of the last statment. "What piecepack games use
coins as the board?"

Eric