Re: Yellow og green crown suit?

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "vg_reality_anchor"
<VG_Reality_Anchor@y...> wrote:
> --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "James K Droscha" <jdroscha@a...>
> wrote:
> > --- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "piecehead2003" <sbk@c...> wrote:
> > > What is the reason that the original yellow crown suit is now
> more
> > > often seen using the green colour?
> > >
> > > -Soeren
> >

> > Hello Soeren,
> >
> > The original guidelines I wrote up for the piecepack specified
> Crowns
> > as yellow OR green, at the manufacturer's discretion.  The reason
> is
> > to allow the greatest flexibility in materials and marking
> methods.
> > My preference is for yellow, since it helps to alleviate the most
> > common problems with color-blindness (green/red IIRC).  But I
> wanted
> > manufacterers to have the option of using green if, for example,
> they
> > wanted to use ink on wood (where yellow does not necessarily show
> > clearly).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > James
>
> IMHO I prefer green for 2 reasons:
>
> 1. Trying to see yellow on white is almost like looking at a "White
> cat in a snowstorm"
>
> 2. Yellow pens aren't easily available
>
> Besides, I prefer green.
>
> Lardarse Greg

black, red, blue, and yellow are traditional croquet colours. (green
is eaiser to see than yellow when printed on a light background)

my personal pref would be red=sun, yellow = moon, crown=green,
arms=blue.. then black could be resevered as a utility or non suit
colour to be used on all pieces. (personal pref only)