Re: [piecepack] Re: Expanded piecepacks

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 03:32:44AM -0000, Electronicwaffle wrote:
> only be
> > > played
>
> I would assume that 95% of us have the "standard" piecepack, and
> perhaps 66% or more have more than one "standard" piecepack.
> While I cant see how it would be illegal to use 8 suits, it would be
> able to be played by more people if it used only 4. But its your
> choice. Perhaps you can use other "Bits"  perhaps the 4 suits of a
> piecepack, and then a deck of cards...   or pennies through
> quarters...

> I suggest that perhaps a more horizontal move with  game "bits"
> would be better than a vertical move (branch out rather than up with
> a more limiting piecepack)
>
> Also, this might be stating the obvious, but make sure the judge has
> what you ask of.

On the contrary, I heartily encourage everyone (else) entering the
contest to require non-standard piecepacks with modifications such as
13 suits, coins printed in invisible ink, pawns that are all slightly
different shades of blue, dice in the shape of Moebius strips, and a
twist of lime.

Good luck in the contest... suckers! >:-)

Your pal,

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/