Re: New Game - Pawnopoly

 >This is why there is a proliferation of Your-Home-City-Here-Opoly,
as well as Dog-opoly, Cat-opoly and the the like (and many others
which don't use the "-opoly" ending.)
> While this is not a definative answer to your question, I hope
that it has proven helpful.

FYI: Parker Brothers/Hasbro countered to this. All "The Game Keeper"
locations stopped selling these "off" brands around the time Wizards
of the Coast (which owned Game Keeper) was acquired by Hasbro.
(Near 1999-2000)
I recall asking my Boss why we had to take them off the sales floor.
She responded with stating something along the lines that it would
be a conflict of intrest to sell them. (We sold the "off" brands
prior to being owned by Hasbro) At the time I could understand this,
but now I know the true meaning to it. I have never stepped foot
inside a Wizards of the Coast Store, but since both where owned by
Hasbro they where vitually the same (Slight change in focus of
gaming genres offered, TGK is more board game centered,  WOTC Stores
being more collectible card game/ rpg centered. yet a significant
crossover in product occured)I would assume this is also the case
there. Surprisingly I beleive that after the location I worked at
closed, Wotc started selling other collectible card game companies
product. Perhaps this was in an agreement on more friendly terms
than what happened with Monopoly.

In any case, I feel that I dont have to worry about being sued by
making Pawnopoly.

Eric