Travel piecepack

I like playing games on airplanes when I travel. Usually it's just
me so that limits things to solitair. I have in fact designed
several playing ard solitaires specifically to be convenient for
playing on an airline tray-table.

Now it occurs to me that it would be nice to play solitaire
boardgames while traveling, and following the close of the present
competition, there are likely to be some good game to choose from.
There are some obvious problems though, including size (tray tables
are small) and loss of pieces (it seems like it would be easy to
drop coins or dice).

So here are some ideas.

I was considering the construction of a special travel piecepack. It
would be a bit smaller that a standard piecepack, say with 1" tiles
and 7/16" coins. The dice could remain the same size as normal. The
tiles would be acrylic, with very thin steel sheet cemented onto
each side (or possibly a thin steal sheet sandwhiched between two
1/8" acrylic sheets), and the coins would be magnetic (any ideas on
an easy way to achieve this, or where to find inexpensive disk-
shaped weak magnets?). The dice might be acrylic or metal (heavier
dice are less likely to be dropped) and there would be some
container method for rolling dice. The pawns would have magnetic
bottoms.

Comments? Ideas?

-Mike Schoessow