Re: [piecepack] Trophy Cloth

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Hale-Evans
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 11:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [piecepack] Trophy Cloth

  On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 09:03:39AM -0700, Brett Paul wrote:
  >> > Before sending the cloth to Phillip, be sure to add the
  >> > New City information and your signature!
  >> > Also, when sending the cloth and the set of markers that goes
  >> > with it, be sure to double-bag the markers in plastic, so in
  >> > case they leak in transport, the cloth won't be spoiled.
  >>
  >> And while you're at it, put together a piece of paper that lists these instructions and send that along, too. :-)
  >>
  >> - Brett
  >> www.OrcSports.com

  >Marty and I made one and sent it out with the cloth the first time.
  >With any luck, it's still circulating along with the cloth.

  >Ron H-E

  Yes, I know. You two did a great job! I was just re-iterating.

  BTW, good luck to everybody with the Solitary Confinement competition. The submission deadline is getting close! I'll be sending in a game this week, and my brother Steve and I will be jointly submitting another. If anyone has been thinking of submitting, but hasn't yet, let me say from personal experience that it's possible to come up with a good game in a week if you're feeling inspired (feeling inspired is much more important than slogging through the process for weeks or even months). As for play-testing, well, more is always better, but sometimes a game can emerge pretty close to final form, and anyway, with solitaire games, play-testing (even fairly extensive) is easier because most of it can be done without other requiring other people's time. I urge anyone who is tempted to definitely go ahead and submit! We're mostly all very friendly here in this forum and so there's little to loose and much to gain.

  -Mike