Re: [piecepack] Re: XML

Derek--

You are correct.  I was being sarcastic -- but not just sarcastic.  I
am not trying to squelch your efforts, and I apologise for any
implication that I was.  As I said, feel free to convert rules by
Marty and me to XML at your discretion.

I was, however, trying to suggest that you stop "harping on" XML, as
you put it.  Why don't you lead by example?  How about posting a
detailed proposal on an XML format for piecepack rules on either the
wiki or in the Files area of the mailing list?  Until you do so, no
one (in my opinion) has much information by which to judge your claims
for XML, and repetitive messages to the effect that XML is the best
standard for the community in the face of other suggestions are merely
tiresome (again, in my opinion).

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/