Re: New Piecepack game (4 Blind Mice)

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <juicy_killa@h...> wrote:
> I have adapted a commercially popular game to the piecepack.
>
> I'm currently waiting for the rules to be posted, in the mean time
> I'll add the PDF to the "files" section in these groups.
>
> The game is called "FOUR BLIND MICE" I hope you all enjoy it.
>
> All feedback is welcome. Good bad and indifferent!
>
> Later
> - Tim -

Great adaptation game Tim.  Ricochet Robots is one of my favorites.
I set up your game and played it last night.   I did had just a rule
clarification question though.

- Rules state:  At the conclusion of the placement phase, the next
player begins play by turning over his choice of one Ace or Null tile
located on the playing surface.

Later in the rules state:  The mice are left where they ended their
last move, and the next player chooses a coin to turn over.

My Question is:  Are we turning over tiles or coins to determine what
cheese is the target?

-------------
A Variant that I was experimenting with last night to make the target
cheese random was:

Random Cheese:
-  Role the dice and which ever dice showed the smallest number of
pips determined the cheese as the target.  If dice are tied for
lowest number then the tied dice are rerolled.
- If both pieces cheese still exist then if the dice read null - 2
the null cheese as target and a 3-5 determines that the Ace cheese as
the target.

More Tiles:
- Another Variant that seemed to play well was to make a 5x5 square
with the middle piece gone.  The hole in the middle is treatded like
any other obstacle.

Cheese Stays and Cheese goes:
- I also tried with rolling the dice to determine to take the cheese
off of the board Example: null-2 it is removed  3-5 it stays.
- If the cheese stays the player just takes one of the left over
coins as a scoring marker.

More cheese
- With the cheese stays and cheese goes varient on the 5x5 board I
also experimented playing with 12 pieces of cheese instead of 8.

I just got my piecepack so I am looking forward to playing the
deduction games also.

Thanks
Bryan