Four Seasons.

Note. There will not be a JCD 4 seasons expansion.

When Mesomorph introduced their set, I was excited along with everyone
else. I announced that if there was interest, I would create a 4
seasons set for the JCDpiecepack.

Mesomorph informed me at that time that they did not approve of that,
and that I did not have permission to do so.

I replied informing them that I would not make use of any of their
graphics if I was to produce a JCD 4 Seasons pack, assuming that their
concern was with their art work, which they have worked hard on.

Once I posted the new JCD cards, Mesomorph Games has kindly informed
me that they have trademarked 4 Seasons Expansion TM, as well are in
the process of seeking a patent for the pawn saucers. They would like
to keep these innovations exclusive to their Mesomorph Piecepack.

As a result IF a new JCD set is to follow it will be one of the
following themes (which I list here in a feeble attempt to get the
ideas into the public domain):

  *  The 4 cardinal points (North, South, East, West)
  *  The 4 elements (Fire, Earth, Air, Water)
  *  The 4 horsemen  (Pestilence, War, Famine, Death)

(PS. Sorry about the duplication. The previous message has been
deleted from the archive in accordance with Mesomorph's wishes. I was
unaware of current copyright laws which prohibit me from quoting email
without permission, as well has how rude it is to do so. Now when the
search engines index this archive they will not archive any material
posted by me for which I do not have the copyright.)