Big-time apology

Better late than never...

I'd like to apologise for the message I posted a couple of weeks ago
about the 4 Seasons Expansion and pawn saucers from Mesomorph Games.
I'm also sorry for the part I played in the ensuing mess.

4 Seasons Expansion: I have no complaint with MG's trademark on this
product, now that they have clarified that only its _name_ is
trademarked.  I regard trademarks as relatively benign if they aren't
abused, and I don't think MG are abusing theirs.

Pawn saucers: While I generally object to patents, I had a long talk
with Dave and Karol in which they explained to me that they don't
intend to be obnoxious if they obtain the pawn saucers patent.  For
what it's worth, I trust them.  They are even exploring the
possibility of "freeing" or "open sourcing" the patent, which I
consider admirable.  I hope to say a little more in general about how
this might be done, but I don't want to talk about Dave and Karol's
plans before they are ready to.

I think that Dave and Karol have the interests of the piecepack
community at heart.  I wish that I had spoken to them _before_ I
hastily and overzealously posted the message above, in which I
practically called for a boycott of Mesomorph Games.

To be perfectly clear, I hope that people will continue to buy from
MG, and will write new games specifically for their 4 Seasons
Expansion, Playing Cards Expansion, and pawn saucers (which I still
think are ingenious).  MG makes high-quality products, and they have
always had excellent customer service.  I'm also happy to call Dave
and Karol my friends.

Peace/Pax,

Ron H-E

--
    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,