Sarcophagus - 2 variants

I was thinking about adding more 'exploration' to this game after
all the very helpful feedback it has received on the wiki and in
emails I have been sent.

A) A possible variant that might create the feel of exploration
without adding any additional randomness to the game:

1) Setup: lay out the pyramid and sarcophagus as normal with
the exception that ALL tiles are placed face down (ie grid-side
up).

2) At the start of the game, turn the tile at the top of the pyramid
face up.

3) Play is as normal, except that when tile receives its first coin,
the player turns over tiles that are adjacent to that tile. Tiles are
only adjacent to other tiles if the tiles share an edge. Additionally,
coins may only be placed on tiles that are face up.

One recommendation if you try this would be to leave a small
gap between the tiles during setup to make turning them over
easier.

B) I somehow had the odd notion that I wanted the sarcophagus
to be in the physical middle of the pyramid, but in feedback it
seems that this was not all that satisfactory.

1) During setup place the sarcophagus so that it forms the
center tiles of the 6-row and 5-row. They are discovered later in
the game this way.

2) The remainder of play is unchanged.

Variants A and B can be combined in the same game.

As always I am interested in feedback, either public (here or on
the wiki) or privately by email.

Phillip