Fw: [piecepack] Ship It! rules questions

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: arealgamenut
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 8:26 AM
  Subject: [piecepack] Ship It! rules questions

  >1. The rules state that when freight or an official are on a half
  domino, that space becomes a zero for officials. Does that mean that
  movement of an official through this space is free, rather than
  costing the normal action point?

  Looking back at the posted rules, I can see that they are not completely clear on this point. No piece (freight or official) can stop on a transportation link that already holds either a load of freight or an official. When a load of freight is setting on a transportation link space, the pip number on that space effectively becomes a zero for as long as the freight sets there (as if that side of the domino is a blank). The space should be treated as if it is a normal blank half-domino in every respect except that it can't be stopped on so long as the load of freight is setting on it. Other freight shipments may pass it as long as the pip-stop of the player moving the freight is set to 1 or higher. Officials may also pass the space but must pay 1 action point per space moved (just as they normally would have to pay to move over any other blank half-domino).

  >2. May more than 1 official share the same space?

  No, if it is a transportation link space. Yes, if it is a city tile.

  >3. May a player move their freight into a space that already
  >contains one of their officials?

  Freight may not stop on a transportation link space that holds an official or another load of freight. A player may move freight over and past a transportation link space that is holding his own official, but may not move over and past a transportation link space that is holding another player's official. If an official is setting on a city tile, any other official or load of freight may also stop there. From the wording of your question I feel I should also clarify that each player controls only one official.

  >Thanks for any help.

  I'm happy to make any clarifications. We will probably also slightly revise the text of the rules, to clarify the points you brought up. Feel free to e-mail Steve and I directly with your impressions of the game if you want. I will be away from my computer between Friday evening and Monday evening.

  -Mike