RE: [piecepack] Re: Games with adult themes

While it is interesting to see what everyone here is thinking, I have to
admit that I have a little difficulty taking this thread seriously.

The piecepack is like a deck of cards.  It is just a set of tools with which
to play pretty any type of game that pops into a persons head.  That said, I
can't recall ever seeing a 'rating' system for playing cards.  Or for
IceHouse.  Or any other type of game system.  I mean, there are people out
there who would swear that Poker, as a wagering game, is clearly adult and
children shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it (nor should good decent folk
who understand the evils of wagers.)  But I am clearly not in that camp, nor
was my family.

These are games.  In and of themselves they are harmless.  More than
harmless.  These are actually abstract games, where the theme is tacked on
by the imagination.  You think the theme is not appropriate for your
children (or for you, I guess), then don't use it.  But the game doesn't
require a rating.  Each game just needs to be decided, on an individual
basis, whether it is right for you.  Is it too long, too complicated,
requires too many people, theme doesn't work for whatever reason, or maybe
you just don't like it.

That's just my two-cents worth.  That and the contents of a stolen purse
would buy you a crack-whore.

Edward
(:8())