Re: chess/piecepack combo

> I should mention the 1" squares on the
> piecepack tiles are a little too small
> for any chess set I own. [...] If I
> pursue this further I will paint some
> small plastic chess sets, but as of right
> now I haven't found any that are the
> right size.

Mike, the cheap hollow plastic Chess sets sold in many dollar stores
are just the right size, and in fact the boards they come with have
one inch squares. If you fill them with sand to within an eighth of an
inch from the base and then cap the bottom end with hot glue, they're
much more nicely weighted. I did this to several sets a few years ago,
and it works like a charm.

Clark