Re: MG Design Contest winner

> By the way, I read your other answer (about the scoring) and your
> example made me see why it might not be such an issue that
someone
> uses an impossible clue... :)
>

> -Jorge

I agree. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I initially thought that
the game might be too sensitive to the relative dificulty of the
clues, perhaps even to such an extent that the clue quality would
be, by far, the dominant factor in determining game outcomes. But
after more thought I realized that this problem is probably averted
by the rule that gives one point to a player for each other player
that finds his own box. Go ahead and work out worst-case scenarios
(stupidly difficult clue; nobody figures it out, while that player
finds all the other boxes. Or, ridiculously easy clue so every other
player finds the box, etc.). Even in these cases, if we assume just
a bit of luck for one or more of the other players the scores still
end up pretty even. So, I believe there is probably a pretty wide
range of easy versus difficult clues where the game will work well
with play skill other than clue composition being a major factor in
most wins.

Of course since I haven't played the game yet I could be talking
nonsense :-) But I don't think so.

-Mike