Re: [piecepack] Re: piecepack logo in heraldic language

On Thursday 05 October 2006 02:20, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> Jonathan, what do you think of the blazon? Can it be improved? Is it
> overspecific?
>
> > > A square badge Argent, a cross diminutive Sable, tronconee demembre;
> > > in quarters first a sun radiant Gules; in second a moon decrescent
> > > Sable; in third a fleur de lis Azure; in fourth, a crown vallary Vert.

This describes the specific example that has been created and seen in popular
use. I do not think blazon is designed to be used for much less specific, so
as to accomodate the generic specification.

"make a square divided into quarters like the back of a tile, then
 put one suit symbol in each of those spaces:
 top-left = suns
 top-right = moons
 bottom-right = crowns
 bottom-left = arms

 Can be done in color or all black and white."

Here is my attempt at a "generic" version.

"A square badge, a cross diminutive, in quarters first a sun; in second a
moon; in third; a fleur de lis; in forth a crown."

Here you can find an example of a badge that matches the spec and the generic
blazon, but not the specific one. (Well, not quite, since the JCDpiecepack
uses an anchor instead of a fleur de lis.)

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/JcdPiecepack