Re: [piecepack] Sample picture of JCD Piecepack by Blue Panther in the album

On 1/16/07, Porter235 <porter235@...> wrote:
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 22:04, Michael Van Biesbrouck wrote:
> The samples do look nice.  I would like to request that the backs not
> use the checkerboard back.  Just two lines to mark the squares,
> possibly with the ace swirl at their interesection, would be fine.

Please see http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/JcdPiecepack on the wiki which shows
what the tile back design will be. It should make you happy.

That looks great.  I was still thinking of the older designs.

I opted for a solid center dot and not the ace swirl, as the swirl is not
symmetrical along both lines, which means it would still only "half" hide the
orientation of the tile, which was the major issue with the checkerboard
design.

I was more concerned about visual effects when tiled on the half-tile,
but your point about the swirl is a good one.

It seems like it will be possible to feel the designs on these pieces,
so we might not have tournament-ready piecepacks yet.  Still, they
look very nice.

Michael