Re: Thoughts about the Blue Panther sets

Ron: Still working on an acrylic version - probably will use engraver's plastic, which is actually quite expensive - but it will look very cool. While it is true that some BP titles have 80 tiles - e.g. Courtyard - these tiles are 1" or 1.25" squares. The JCD Piecpack tiles are 2" squares, which is equal to 3 or 4 Courtyard squares - so we're talking about 3-4 times the material and considerably more machine time to make a 72 tile JCD Piecepack than a Courtyard set. Unfortunately, the economics aren't equal... Blue Panther is targeting the end of the month to have JCD piecepacks available for sale. And you do have Blue Panther LLC's permission to post the sample photos on your site. SJ Ron Hale-Evans writes:
1. Perhaps the acrylic version could be listed as "Tournament
Quality", and extra care could be given to making sure all the icons
are centered and all components that are supposed to be visually
indistinguishable (such as the suit sides of all Sun coins), are so in
fact.
2. I'd like to see all components of the JCD piecepack (72 tiles, 72
coins, etc.) sold as one set, rather than broken up as Standard,
Playing Cards, Seasons, etc. Given that Blue Panther sells other games
with 80 tiles or so for $20-25, it sounds as though this could be done
quite competitively.
Still waiting for the piecepacks to be announced at
bluepantherllc.com. Steve, is the delay because you're judging your
game design contest? If so, you have my sympathies. :) I'm judging the
current piecepack contest.
Steve, may I have your permission to put the photo you uploaded to the
Files section of this group on
http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/JcdPiecepack ? Thanks, Ron
--
    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/