Re: [piecepack] Magnetic travel piecepack

That would solve the rolling of the dice but if the game requires the dice then that is another issue that must be resolved.   The solution would would need to work for both.  Maybe a magnetic version of #3 would work.

Why not split the difference? I'd suggest a small (carefully-weighted)
spinner for random number generation, and some differently-shaped pawn
to give it board presence. Just consult the spinner to see what the
value on it is. The indirect reference might be inconvenient in some
games (although I don't, off the top of my head, know any that use the
die as a pawn and care about its value throughout the game), but it
might be a practical alternative.

--Adam Norberg