Re: Solo Salvo . . . salvagable?

As there doesn't seem to be any other suggestions for solo salvo, I
have put forward some of my own.

Equipment:
Only a piecpack

Goal:
Have at least one of your ships afloat and the enemy ships sunk

Setup:
Board setup:
Use the Moon Coins to create the co-ordinate Grid
Place the pawns onto the null tile of the same suit.

Coin Setup:
A Ship must be setup so that there is a one square space between them
and any other ships (including Diagonally).

Because your force is inferior, you setup your ships first. Use the
Arms coins to create a 1 coin Dinghy a 2 coin Submarine and a 3 coin
Cruiser
Now set up the enemy ships.
Use the Sun coins to create a 1 coin Dingy a 2 coin Submarine and a 3
coin Cruiser
Use 4 Crown coins to create a 4 coin Battleship

The remaining two coins are each placed on separate null tiles or
the same null tile.
They can be used to repair damage to any ship coins in the same rows,
so choose carefully.

Play:
You do not use the quarter from the original rules. Instead, if there
is a ship in that column it is hit.

The pawns represent Electronic Countermeasures. You can use it to
swap the row that was hit, causing a miss. (This doesn't help if the
ship occupies both rows of the column). Discard the Pawn.

The coins represent repair crews. You may use a repair crew to unmark
(turn the coin so it is facing away from you) one of your ship's
coins that is in the same row. However the enemy also get to do
repairs and you must unmark one of their ships in the same row as
well. Discard the Coin.
If there are no enemy ships to unmark, then you cannot repair
your ship.

You may only use one pawn (ECM) or one coin (Repair crew) per round.

Variations:
Orthogonal Ships - Ships may only be placed horizontally or vertically

Notes:
The Pawns and the 2 coins add a bit of strategy to your setup.
Diagonal or Horizontal ships can be saved by pawns. vertical ships,
especially cruisers and battleships  may not.

Having enemy ships in the same row can increase your chances of using
repair crews.

Using only one ECM or Repair crew per turn can result in some
excrutiating decisions.

I have played five games with these rules and lost twice, drawn once
and won the other two. I only lost once when using diagonal ships and
for both wins I used diagonal ships. The draw and other loss were
using the orthogonal rules. (The draw involved one of those
excruciating decisions I mentioned above . . . Yes, I picked the
wrong one!)