Re: [piecepack] Re: Suggestion for future design contests.

Aaron Waters writes:
 > Depending on how the votings handled, I'm assuming it'd be some
 > version of Australian rules (also called instant runoff) voting, I'd
 > be a little worried about people only playing 1 or 2 games that they
 > thought looked promising or liked the theme of, but voting anyway, w/o
 > having given the others a fair shake. Having not looked at the
 > Icehouse contests, I don't know if it's been much of an issue
 > there.

The Icehouse Game Design Competition uses the Condorcet Ranked Pairs
algorithm, modified to allow partial ballots.  Voters can list as few
as two games on their ballots.  The only thing that matters about a
ballot is relative rankings: a ballot that lists only games A and B
says that the voter prefers game A to game B, but has no other
preferences between those games and any other games.

--dougorleans@...