Re: Newbie to Piecepack

Hi Emily,
Welcome to the community!
Both of the items in question were my attempts at addressing pawn
identification without relying on colour.

The strip at the top can be cut out (as a single strip) and wrapped
around a pawn as a "pawn belt." This allows the suit symbol to be
seen from most angles as it appears three times, and also addresses
the desire to have directional pawns by marking the centre suit
symbol in reverse, indicating the facing of the pawn.

The stars can be cut out and attached to either side of a coin sized
piece, or short piece of dowl. This allows for directional, two
state pawns (not featured in any games as the JCD printable is the
only version to contain such an item)

The other reason to add them was to fill up the sheet. ;)

Hope you have fun.
JCD

- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Emily" <emily.page@...> wrote:

> At the top on the right, there is a strip with long white, short
> black, long white.  What is that for??
>
> Also... there are two stars at the bottom right.  What are those
for?