Dr. Mike's Rush Hour

I am trying to figure out a way to play the Rush Hour game with the
piecepack.  I don't know if anyone has seen Dr. Mike's page (http: /
/www.dr - mikes- math- games- for - kids.com/) but he has puzzles
(600) and printouts of cars and a board to print out.  But the cars
just fit on the piecepack tiles so no need (maybe) to print his board.

When I try to slide the cars on top of the tiles; the tiles, of
course, move. (bad use of semi-colon there, I think... but I like it).

At any rate... does anyone have any tricks to keeping the tiles
TOGETHER as a board when playing a game?  They are awfully slidey and
wiggly.

I have put packing take around my lovely cardboard pieces, so they are
slippery-er than they would have been as cardstock-cereal
box-sandwich, but there is still a friction problem.

Thanks for thinking about this... even if there is no good solution!