Re: [piecepack] piecepack wiki spam

Jorge,

I've been visiting my terminally ill mother in another part of the US
for the past week, so wiki spam has dropped somewhat in priority for
me for the moment. When I get home in a few days, I'll delete
whatever's there.

A few things you should know:

I wrote a server-side script that deletes about 90% of the spam that's
posted on all the wikis I administer within a few minutes at most. I
won't tell you how it knows what's spam, but it shouldn't be too hard
to figure out. So even if the RSS feeds are somewhat cluttered, most
spam is deleted -- not reverted! -- automatically within a few
minutes.

Later versions of MoinMoin than we run have better antispam
protection, namely captchas. I've been planning to upgrade the wikis,
but it's going to have to take place during a complete server upgrade,
probably in the new year. So hang in there; better protection is
coming.

Ron

--
Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/ ... (206) 201-1768